Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chalk Talk!!

My littlest buddy has discovered art!! (I'm not-so-secretly hoping he has the same love for it that Carter has, although I have a hard time imagining that *any* child could be quite as talented as my biggest buddy.) We've moved away from crayons, as they have a tendency to not want to come off of everything. Even the washable kind. Even the bathtub kind. And, I know, encouraging my child to draw on the walls in the bathtub will only lead him to want to draw on the walls in his bedroom & elsewhere. I don't keep art supplies out where he can get to them (however, he *did* grab a dry erase marker off of the refrigerator the other day & left us a nice scribbly picture on the front of the fridge. luckily, it comes off quite easily.) I've tried to combine "art time" with "outside time" and let him use the sidewalk chalk from YaYa (my mother) to color. But that has led to him wanting to color EVERYTHING outside. Including our dogs. And the fence. And himself. It's just so darned cute, though!! It's just chalk. It will wash off. And even if it were permanent marker, the one thing that is NOT permanent is his childhood- this stage in his life. It's gonna be gone in the blink of an eye. The chalk will wash away when the next rain comes. The memories we make are gonna stick around loooooong after.

Brandon loves that he and Braydon have the same initials. I thought this 
picture was absolutely precious!! I drew their initials on the driveway &
Bray immediately plopped down to color on it!! 
 
Coloring on the front porch. I love those little scribbles.

hmmmm... is this food? Nope.

is it like a q-tip?? Nope.

well, whatever it is---- it's all mine. :)

just chillin' at the front door... colorin' away. 
I don't know why this one won't rotate. :( It keeps uploading sideways, but 
regardless, I love this picture. Like Crissy, he loves the way chalk looks on 
black. So, he colored on the black front door, as well as the top of my night stand, 
which I painted black recently. :)  I think when we buy a house (next year-ish) that 
I will put him & Carter in the same room and give them an art wall ... chalkboard
paint & a place to hang their art work.... and a basketball goal, of course. ;)

1 comment: