Tuesday, January 10, 2012

52 weeks... weeks #1 & 2

There's a challenge on a photography page I've stumbled across on Facebook, and just for fun--- I'm gonna accept this challenge. Just for personal growth, I think. I'm hoping that by this point next year I'm able to make a little money doing what I love so much... even if it is just enough to support my habit ;)  I didn't decide until just now to start this, so I'm a week behind. But, I'm going to do my best to stick to it. "They" say that if you do something you love, you'll never work a day in your life---- and I think it goes without saying that I don't wanna work. ;) So, I don't foresee much of a problem sticking to this challenge. Photography is something that I am just so in love with. I get excited about it. So.... here we go.

Week #1: Resolution


My resolution for this year was really to just accept myself the way that I am and enjoy that I'm not going to be like this forever. To not diet. To just enjoy me in my exquisite me-ness.
Hmm. Do I love that number staring me in the face? Absolutely not. It's ten pounds 
less than what I was at this time last year, but a good eight pounds heavier than I was
before the holidays. I've been a bit lazy. But, that being said, I'm okay. I'm not saying
that I'm gonna eat like a pig and be a lazy slob. I'm just saying that I'm not gonna starve 
myself. I'm not going to give up all of the wonderful play time that I have with my family
so that I can run for 2 hours (as if I would run like that, anyway)... I'm going to try to 
look great in a bikini come spring.. who am I kidding?? I'm probably just gonna eat a little
better and move a little more and just cross my fingers and toes that I will look okay in a 
bikini by spring. :) But, regardless, I'm not going to stress about it. I'm going to just love me
in whatever shape (physically, mentally, emotionally) I happen to be in at the moment. If 
that big red number happens to go down over the course of the year- fabulous. If not, I'm 
sure someday I'll be hoping to see that same number staring me in the face.
((I wasn't happy with the way I looked when I was 120 pounds, so I may as well 
just appreciate Kayla as she is, however she is)) 


Week #2: Life

Life is messy. We all know that. So, whaddya do when things get messy?? You clean it up! :) I stay at home with a precocious 16-month old during the day. Braydon is always getting into something and there is, inevitably, always a mess to be cleaned. Thankfully, he's also at the stage where he wants to do everything that the grownups do. He wants to help. Whether it's moving furniture, sweeping, cooking dinner- Booga wants to do it all. (Which is great, because I don't really want to do any of it) He also has a little habit of taking off as soon as I get his diaper off of him and running around the house in the nude. I usually will let him stay this way for twenty minutes or so (which is usually about how long it takes before he's standing in a puddle of his own pee-pee in my kitchen). This is what you are likely to see if you walk into my house on any given day, at any given time. 

It would be impossible to put into words how this makes me feel. I made that. That kid.
And he's growing into such a big boy... Mommy's helper. Mommy's handful. But, he's still
Mommy's Baby. :)

4 comments:

  1. Dangit. You make me want to blog again. But I won't keep it up. Dare I even log in???? Seriously tho, I love your pictures. I'z can steal your baby? I'll give him back. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it!! I'll read it!! lol. And, yes, you can have him... for a little while. But I like him, so I will have to ask for him back at some point... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your scale pic,,,I for real thought it was one you found offline or something,,,hahaha,,I have *already gained my overall goal (30 lbs) for this pregnancy and still have 3 or 4 weeks to go, and the sad thing, I am sooo ready to be done with this pregnancy and one of the big (of course not the biggest reason) is b/c I dont want to gain any more, b/c then I have that much more to lose, lol,,,I know I am terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crissy, it's probably all in your boobs... ;) Luckily, with Braydon I only gained 6 pounds, which was a piece of cake to lose... But somehow managed to gain MORE weight after he was born... Whoopsie... ;)

    ReplyDelete