Thursday, January 5, 2012

more of my 2011 :)

Let's see... I left off with July, but there is soooo much more July!!! :)
 
I got to meet my niece, Evy, for the first time!!! This is another situation where I don't suppose that she is "technically" my niece, but I love her oh-so-much & am so thankful for Facebook so I can watch her grow!! Her mommy is my ex-husband's sister, which made her my sister-in-law for many years.. But now that we're no longer in-laws, I call the Eldridges my out-laws. :) This family means the world to me because they were all there for me through the biggest "growing up" time in my life. I went from being a teenager to a wife & mommy in  a year & had no clue how to do any of it. I thank God daily for them... especially Erin, Ruthanne (how many people adore their mother-out-law like that??!), and Mema. As far as I'm concerned, we're still family & always will be. :) So- again, my niece Evelyn Susannah McCoy, ladies and gentlemen. ;)


My Bugga & I at her PePaw's house to celebrate Independence Day. :)

The most handsome little boy in the world swimming at PePaw's.

Bugga catching fish off of PePaw's dock.
Happy 4th!!! Halfway through the fireworks display (which was amazing!!), my two children were constantly asking when we could go back. They were TIRED of watching fireworks!! 

Unfortunately, once we were home & settled after the holiday festivities, Carter came down with Mono with a secondary strep infection. :( He was such a trooper, though, and after a week of bedrest and antibiotics, he was healing up quite well.
Once he was "all better", we went on a Mama/Carter date. He chose McDonald's and a movie & made sure to open the door for me everywhere we went. He said he was practicing for when he had enough money that he could take me on a real date some day.
My sweet, silly baby pretending to sleep in his diaper bag. :) This was the first time I witnessed him playing "pretend".

AUGUST
The eighth month is usually my favorite for several reasons. 1- I love the sunshine. I'm a water baby and in August in South Georgia, you almost have to get in the water to escape the heat. But, one of the main reasons I love August so much- it's my birth month & what I like to refer to as Kaylapalooza: the annual celebration of ME. :) This year, I threw a party for myself at Creekside Tavern & was so blessed by the  friends that showed up to celebrate. My JJ ordered a Lemoncello Creme Torte from the Cheesecake Factory (my absolute FAVORITE dessert of all time) from herself, Bobbie & Jenni. I really do have such amazing friends!! Nothing super-eventful happened that night. I was home shortly after midnight and didn't feel nearly as bad as I had expected to the next morning. Wanna see pictures?? Sure, ya do! :)
One of my FAVORITE pictures!!! Of course, Randy had to stick a tequila shot in the middle, but still- I love these 2 ladies, even though I haven't seen either of them in way too long. Look how beautiful Brandy is!! She is currently expecting her first baby (a little girl to be named Emma Kate) and I am soooo excited. Obviously, she was not pregnant at this time. :)
Posing with my Chelsea Lately! coffee mug. I seriously drink out of this almost every morning. And every morning, I think of my JJ for getting it for me. She is genuinely one of the most thoughtful people I've ever known.  I am truly blessed to have her as my best friend.  (She even came to my party- with cake & a gift!) after having her gallbladder removed just a few days before. She was in pain, but still made a point to be there. I love her. 
I hope not to make anyone mad by having pictures of John on my blog, but in reality- anyone who would be offended probably isn't reading my blog. But, regardless, he was a significant part of this time in my life. He was one of my bestest buddies & I kinda miss that sometimes. But, anyway. Here are Randy, myself, and John getting ready to take one of the MANY tequila shots that Randy kept purchasing... :) Gotta love Randy Jones. (he's JJ's husband, by the way)
Some of my beautiful friends. :) Sarah, Bobbie, Caitlin, ME, Crystal & Brandy
The E's had ANOTHER birthday celebration for me at their house (Taco night!!!) and BATMAN came!!! :) Actually, I discovered the Batman costume & HAD to wear it. I love Sarah & how much she's loving Batman's muscles. And I think Cody thinks he's a superhero, as well. 
our August Girls Night!! Brandy, Rosanne, Me, Crystal & JJ at Austin's. Probably the best girls night of all!!! ((Even though we missed Jenni & Bobbie))
One of my FAVORITE pictures!! How precious are we?? I'm really missing some Brandy right now...
J musta had a little too much vodka & cranberry because I don't think she would have been this close to me if she was sober... hmmmm.... :)

SEPTEMBER
September was a crazy, busy, fun, stressful month. It was one of the most difficult times I've ever had to endure. You'll see why in a few. But first... 

MY MONKEY TURNED ONE!!! :) On September 7th, my little boy had his first birthday! We celebrated at Papa Brooks' house with a pool party & our friends Amber Waller, Christina Englemann, Mama June, Derek Nowell, Dale Mallory, Aunt Bel, Uncle Heath, Summer, Nana, Papa, Daddy & ((Thank GOD!!)) Brandy Stone were there. Brandy made some amazing meatballs (that I'm starting to crave...) and everyone brought such wonderful gifts. This is one blessed little boy.
Happy Birthday, my sweet little man. :) 
Laughing at Mama playing Peek-a-boo. :)
Braydon and Aunt Brandy having a very important conversation. :)


 His Godparents couldn't make it, so they sent his gift via UPS, but he didn't get it till several days later, because...
Braydon had MRSA and had to be hospitalized for 3 days. This was the most scary, difficult thing I have ever been through.
My little Superman...

Him just wanted out... :(

Braydon & I in the hospital crib. I stayed in there with him the entire time because I didn't want him to be scared or feel alone. I just wanted my baby close to me. He kept getting tangled up in his iv which made it difficult for him to sleep, or even move around. He was just starting to walk, so keeping him still was a very trying task. My poor, poor baby. :( 
Luckily, after 3 days, we were on the mend & sent home. The MRSA has come back a couple of times, but I've learned a lot about it and have been practicing some more "natural" ways of keeping the worst of it away from my little one. We can usually stop it before it gets bad without having to go to the hospital/doctor's office. 

Once we were home & settled, Nana came to the house to keep him for a few hours because we were off to celebrate JJ's birthday at Mom & Dad's Italian Restaurant (one of our FAVORITE places to eat!!) We learned a lot that night... but mostly that Brandon is not allowed out in public. Ever. EVER. 
I have this picture framed in my house. I love these friends. 

My beautiful J. 
Then we had another birthday dinner for her at the Bistro. I have this thing about taking pictures in public restrooms... so this time we brought J's iPad in & I was trying to figure out how to work it... Apparently, it works. (I love J's face in this picture)
On our way to the Bistro. :) I love this one!! I also love Randa's head poking in from the back seat.

And then my baby cousin got married!!! Nick & Dana tied the knot & I was soooo excited because I stinkin' ADORE Dana. She was already my cousin before they were married, as far as I was concerned. 
With the beautiful bride.
My brother and I being cool. As usual. :) (excuse my fingers, they were covered in barbecue sauce from the ribs. Mmmmm.... ribs....)

OCTOBER

Randa had Homecoming at LHS. She's so beautiful. (But, she is aware that she is "very pretty"... lol)

Randa and her Mommy, J.

With her boyfriend, Ashley. 
For Halloween, Braydon was a Monkey (of course). And have you EVER seen a more adorable monkey?? No. You haven't. :)

He's going through a stage where he likes to be in the nude. I, of course, encourage that (as long as he's not peeing on my floor...). You will also notice the O's (Cheerios) on the floor. That's where he likes 'em. I can't do anything about it. :)

My little nudist in nothing but Daddy's tie. :)

NOVEMBER

I didn't have my camera on me much in November, but at least I had the phone on hand so I could snap a few pictures. :)
My little girl keeps growing faster and faster. Not sure how I feel about it. The look on Braydon's face says that he's not sure either.... 
My brother, Eric, with his only 2 nephews. :) These boys love Uncle E!!
We went to Statesboro for Thanksgiving & Braydon was able to see his Gracie again!! :)
But his FAVORITE thing to do was watch River. When Braydon went outside to play, River (who cannot hear and is getting really old) followed behind Braydon to make sure he didn't go off too far alone. It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. At this time, Braydon did not like dogs (we have 2 labs of our own at home), but he adored River. 

DECEMBER
My favorite thing about Christmas?? J's Christmas tree!! It's true. And, because she is redecorating her living room, this will be the last year her tree will look exactly like this. But, isn't it gorgeous???
We celebrated Randa's 16th birthday at Mom & Dad's. :)
Braydon discovered candy canes (notice the sticky mess...).
...met Santa for the first time. (and loved him because the fat guy gave him a candy cane!)
And had the first Christmas where he could actually enjoy his gifts!! I don't have any pictures of him actually opening his presents because I'm the mommy and had to be on the floor helping him open them. Then we were sidetracked playing for the rest of the day. :) 

I hope you all had a wonderful 2011, as you can see that I did. It was full of ups & downs, disappointments & triumphs, as every year is. But, if nothing else, I learned a little and grew a lot. As long as the world doesn't end in 2012 (and I'm certain that it will not), this year should be cake!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment