Saturday, April 7, 2012

Carter's House Rules

This is my Carter. Well, Carter Julian Gregory Eldridge Watermelon Dumptruck Sky. What a name, huh? Well, his name really IS a mouthful, but to be completely honest, the "Watermelon Dumptruck Sky" he added himself when he was about 3. He is a giant handful in a tiny little package. He has a huge heart and is incredibly sensitive, but is *such* a boy at the same time. The kid loves bugs, frogs, anything creepy & crawly. He's loud. He's super hyperactive. And, to be completely honest, if you spend more than a couple of hours with him, the majority of that time will be spent saying "Carter, stop." "Carter, calm down." "Carter, NO!" "Carter- STOP RUNNING/YELLING/ANNOYING YOUR SISTER!!!" But, I love him. I love him so much. He, actually, is the only one of my three children that was planned. We knew we wanted a son & I'm pretty sure that about 20 minutes after deciding we would start trying for a second child- I was pregnant.

Carter will be 7 in 20 days (side note: today Braydon is 19 months!!). That will merit a whole other post. But, for now, I just want to share with you something Carter said the other day. As I was sitting on the edge of his bed, trying to get him moving for the day, I asked him what kind of Daddy he thought he would be when he grew up. "A really fun, cool Daddy." "Really?" I asked him. "What kinds of rules will you have? Or will you not have any rules?" "Mama!!! You HAVE to have rules. But, I'll only have important ones." So, I grabbed a pen & a sheet of paper & asked him to start making a list of his rules.

Here is what he came up with:

Carter's House Rules

1. No breaking t.v.s
2. No riding bikes in the house.
3. No playing ball in the house unless we have a basketball goal in the house and a basketball.
4. No playing with hooks. (really sharp hooks)
5. No drinking drugs. (because that is a bad thang)


And, there you have it. :) The rules you will have to follow should you ever want to go stay with grown up Carter. :)

1 comment: